Adrenal glands are small yet important glands that sit on top of the kidneys.
They produce several important adrenal hormones whose function include regulating immune system, salt and water balance and also blood pressure.
Endocrine diseases affecting the adrenals may include
- “Too much adrenal hormones”
- Conn’s syndrome/Primary hyperaldosteronism
- Cushing’s syndrome
- “Too little adrenal hormones”
- Addison’s disease/Primary adrenal insufficiency
- “Adrenal lumps and bumps”
- Adrenal nodule
- Adrenal tumour